2023 Team Titin Request for Proposals (RFP) : Closed for this cycle
Research Grant for Titin Related Muscle and Heart Disorders
Application Deadline: September 1, 2023, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Team Titin is pleased to announce the availability of $50,000 in international research grant funding for titin related muscle or heart disorders. Team Titin welcomes applications for meaningful research that could translate into a treatment or care optimization, propelling our mission to serve those living with, caring for, or researching titin (TTN) related muscle or heart disorders.
- Focus of research can promote the discovery of underlying disease mechanisms and preclinical development of potential therapies, as well as the clinical translation of those efforts.
- Applicants must be affiliated with an accredited academic institution and in good standing with that institution
- Utilization of Team Titin research tools like the CMDIR (registry) or biospecimens is welcome
- Applicants must agree to the Team Titin Research Grant policy
- Up to $50,000 in Funding for Up to Two Years
Areas of Interest:
1) unraveling pathways involved in titin related diseases including skeletal muscle or heart disorders or both
2) identifying novel drug targets or gene therapies/gene modification approaches
3) testing strategies to treat disease or any of its incapacitating consequences of titin related muscle
or heart disorders
4) proposals that promote, develop or facilitate the diagnostic pipeline to help families understand
if their TTN gene changes are disease-causing or not
5) clinical research that advances care for affected individuals
6) applications that bring the titin community closer to clinical trial readiness including:
-Natural History Studies – characterization of the diverse titin phenotypes
-Biomarker discovery and characterization
-Development and testing functional outcomes measures to assess disease symptoms
or potential therapeutic impact
This opportunity is open to researchers internationally who hold a minimum academic position of Assistant Professor (U.S.) or international equivalent and maintain an institutional contract that extends beyond the duration of the proposed grant period. If you are currently executing a previously funded Team Titin granted project, you must complete all outstanding contractual requirements (i.e., periodic and/or final reports), prior to applying.
The funding period is expected to start in the 4th quarter of 2023, pending completion of a signed agreement. Please review our guidelines and policy for more information about how Team Titin administers grant awards.
How to Apply
- Sign up below to receive the Application, Guidelines and Policy
- Carefully review our Grant Guidelines, sign and return with application.
- Complete the application by the deadline: September 1, 2023, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time and return it via email to [email protected]
- Carefully review our Grant Policy, sign and return with application.
Check your SPAM folder if you do not receive email within 15 minutes.
Please contact us at [email protected] with any inquiries.